INGREDIENTS FOR VEGETABLE BAKE A LA MARKUS
This dish can be served with meat, fish or chicken or as a vegetarian option or vegan if you leave out the parmesan
PREPARATION:- 1/2 HOUR
COOKING IN OVEN ½ HOUR
550 grams baby Roma tomatoes
2 teaspoons Tomato paste
20 fresh basil leaves
1 cup of chicken stock
½ teaspoon of mixed Italian herbs
1 cup of White wine
1 ½ cups of barilla pasta
3 zucchinis chopped into 1 inch pieces.
2 cups of green frozen soya beans
2 cups of peas
- Cook pasta
- Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil in large frypan. Fry zucchini until partially cooked/just starting to turn brown. NOT SOGGY.
- Cook tomatoes, basil, garlic, chilli and tomato paste in another pan in one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt
- Get one large oven dish and put pasta and zucchinis in it.
- Put tomatoes in zucchini frypan with let over olive oil on high heat
- Add white wine, herbs and chicken stock and cook to reduce stock until sauce is thickened.
- Add peas and soya beans to oven dish and tip tomato mixture over it.
- Mix in 80 to 100 grams of parmesan cheese and flatten on top
- Cover evenly with 150 to 180 grams of parmesan and dob with olive oil.
Cook in oven for ½ an our at 180 degrees.
This vegetable dish keeps well for a couple of days. To eat the next day add some more parmesan and put in the oven for 20 minutes at 160 degrees.